By: Harry Waisbren
The vote delay on the Patriot Act reauthorization has given us more time which we will be taking advantage of and then some in the days before Thursday’s Senate Judiciary Committee meeting.
Big moves are a foot, and below are some ways you can help make sure we take advantage of our best chance yet to get the Patriot Act and FISA right!
Monday 5 PM PST/8PM EST is our organizing call
We will be hearing expert updates on the legislative situation and will be fine tuning the launch of our Twitter/Facebook campaigns.
Tuesday 2 PM PST/5 PM EST is our bloggers call (time subject to change)
We will further discuss the legislative situation and will coordinate our social media campaign to ensure it is working in tandem with the interrelated work of our fellow blogger friends.
- Jon posted in The Seminal about how we can use the extremely successful #Skittles model for our social media campaign
- Marcy Wheeler posted about Dianne Feinstein’s effort to completely eliminate “any requirement that the Section 215 records have to pertain to someone with a known contact with someone suspected to be an agent of a foreign power”
- Our tweetreach for #patriotact is over 20,000 via 50 tweets, i.e. the total number of different people who would have seen tweets on this topic in their Twitter stream (h/t Tracy Viscelli)
- Sign our act.ly petition thanking Arlen Specter and asking him to support Feingold this Thursday.
- Lessons learned post and discussion in the comments section
- Update on last week’s SJC mark-up