The JUSTICE Act would reform the PATRIOT by limiting the use of sneak-and-peak warrants and National Security Letters, and hold telecom companies accountable for past abuses. Here’s how you can help on Facebook.
This week, we’re going to be to be doing activism on Facebook, Twitter, and the blogosphere to pressure Senate Judiciary Committee members to adopt the JUSTICE Act’s strong reforms during their markup session on Thursday. For now, we’re laying the groundwork. Please join us!
- Join the PASS the JUSTICE Act group
- Invite your friends to the group! The Invite friends to group link is on the right-hand-side fairly near the top.
- Let people know about this post by sharing it on your feed and on your friends’ walls!
- Share the CREDO Action petition to repeal telecom immunity and roll back PATRIOT Act abuses … and while you’re at it, take a moment and sign on!
- Thank Senator Dick Durbin for co-sponsoring the JUSTICE act by replying to this thread
Our next step will be to put pressure on some specific Senators … please let us know who you think we should target. Stay tuned for more!
PS: If you’re also on Twitter, please tweet this link — and check out our companion post, Five ways to help on Twitter