The planning’s for Get FISA Right taking advantage of Senator Russ Feingold’s upcoming visits to Wisconsin continues. With the first opportunity this Saturday on Valentine’s day (February 14) at a Listening Meeting in Chilton, I’ve decided to dub this project “Get FISA Right (heart) Senator Feingold”, or “GFR heart Sen. Feingold” for short.*
There’s a lot going on here, with additional events in Madison and Milwaukee on March 1, a potential cable advertising opportunity in Green Bay on March 4, and an event in Kimberly on March 15. To keep track of it all, we’re going to use a wiki page as the planning hub for this. For example, here’s the current versions of our goals for the project.
- get a better understanding of the situation in Congress and Senator Feingold’s strategy
- get Sen Feingold to make a video on “what it means to get FISA right”
- introduce ourselves to Senator Feingold and get a working relationship in place
- pilot techniques that we can use as part of a 50-state strategy
- get blog and media attention, at least at the local and state level, and hopefully nationally as well
If you’ve got a little time to help with the media outreach, ad buy, or other planning, please let us know. And if you’re in Wisconsin, so much the better: it’d be great to bet more people there in person.
If you’re new to Get FISA Right, this is a great example of the self-organizing and distributed way we do things. So please, get involved!
PS: Thanks to Jean, Ben, Harry, and Nina on Facebook, and Frank and John in email, for getting the ball rolling on this.
* for best results, picture an emoticon instead of the heart. Except I haven’t figured out how to do that in WordPress yet.