At least four other Get FISA Right members have ideas that made it to the finals of the Ideas for Change competition. That’s pretty impressive if you think about it, accounting for over 5% of the ideas in the second round … so I wanted to take a moment and highlight them. Here’s the list I have so far:
- Appoint a Special Prosecutor for the Crimes of the Bush Administration – Bob Fertik (President of Democrats.com), New York, NY
- The Family Union Foundation for Obama – Joseph Evans (writer, humble, married, activist, peace, the family union foundation for Obama), mcleansville, NC
- Get FISA Right, repeal the PATRIOT Act, and restore our civil liberties – Jon Pincus (strategist, activist, writer)
- Make the grid green in 10 years – Liz Rose (1Sky Campaign), Washington, DC
- Restore Investments In Rail Service and Infrastructure – Baratunde Thurston (comedian, author, vigilante pundit), New York, NY
Are there any others I missed? If you’re a Get FISA Right member with an idea in the finals, please reply in a comment and/or an email thread.
And I’d also like to give the ideators* a chance to advocate the idea to their fellow members. To be clear, this is not an endorsement of any of these ideas by Get FISA Right. Still, the ideas are likely to interest at least some of the members in the group , so I wanted to send them on.
PS: Several people have told me that they’ve had a hard time voting on change.org, so please double-check that you’ve voted successfully and that the blue button with the number of votes has turned brown. (The word “vote” also turns to “voted”.) If you run into problems, the instructions here seem to work for most people.
* yes, that really is a word